Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A New Goal: I Hope It Sticks

I was reading my email today when I came across an interesting foot race call the 100mile Burning River race run in Cleveland. So I checked it out and then, quickly ruled it out. It's a trail race which means you need maps. So you see, even though I'm over 100 pounds overweight it's the distance that worries me it's the fact there is not a clearly marked trail to do anything. But it's in Cleveland. And it's a year away. And it's closer than the 50 mile Tatur race in Oklahoma, so what's a girl to do? Why get a gym membership and start training of course.

Right now, as I write this blog I'm praying that I find another race close by this crazy. Of course, because of the medication I take I have to factor in many things. Temperature, time of year, learning to fuel my body for that kind of distance without puking, falling asleep, or missing the cut off time.

I've run a marathon before. And by the end of it I was in agony. But something crazy happens to you when you do something like that, you go through highs, you go through lows, and when you finish it there's just this feeling of utter spiritual transformation which alters your world and life view. At least, that's what happened to me.

In fact I'm looking at doing a marathon in January, the Walt Disney World Marathon if there is still room instead of an Ultra. There are more to choose from, are supported and can be found at all times of the year. As a matter of fact I think I will do that one. I will be sure to take lots of pictures and keep you up to date on this little adventure of mine. I will be sure to consult my doctors whom I hope are more helpful this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment